WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Shooting with Chris Morley in Breda, NL

Again I have been rather slack in updating my blog when I tell myself I should do it at least weekly. If only I had more time! Last week I was over at my in-laws in Scotland. Then in Amsterdam just chilling out. Whilst in Holland frequently, I have been slowly building up my network mainly through Model Mayhem. There are quite a number of quality togs about there and compared with the U.K. not inundated with GWCs ("guys with cameras"), and I've been pleased with every one of them. Another of such tog is Chris Morley. Chris is British but when he came to Holland for work about 15 odd years ago, he loved it so much he decided to stay! And who can blame him?

After few exchanges by e-mail and phonecalls, Chris and I finally agreed on a date for 28 July 2010. I would have been on my way back to England by train so Breda, where he is located, was a good stop-over before I continued onto Antwerp for another shoot then to Brussels to catch the Eurostar. Numerous phonecalls with Chris and his wife, Sandy, also from England but a long-term resident of Holland for 30 years or so, proved that they were going to be pleasant company...very friendly, welcoming and keen to have me over. I was very much looking forward to meeting them!

Chris picked me up from Breda train station. As I predicted he was very pleasant and immediately made me feel at ease. He served me some lunch when we got to their place and chatted until his wife Sandy arrived back from work. As she did, it was all big hugs as if we already knew each other for ages! So amicable and you could talk to her about anything. Once we discussed our ideas and they showed me around the house, we got down to business.

Inspired from an image I put on a "Miu's killer pics" on Model Mayhem,
Chris suggested we start with an image of me squatting on a table clad in a red Chinese-style halter top, stiletto heels and grabbing a samurai sword. I normally prefer not to be wearing a kimono or brandishing a samurai sword as I find such images as cheesy and even rather offensive as it depicts a racial stereotype but I make a few exceptions if it's appropriate. In this case, Chris' and the MM image concept were quite tasteful as it was artistic and edgy. And it was! I was very pleased with the result...

I brought some corsets in Amsterdam a few months ago and couldn't wait to show them off so I hinted the idea of getting shot in one whilst there. Besides, it helps when someone like Sandy is around to tighten it for me. We all agreed on this gorgeous satin jade-green one as seen above with which I wore a black patent leather collar. Initially when Chris first sent the edited image to me, I was not too keen about my facial expression but over time, it has grown on me. Still, he said that next time we shoot, I could bring the corset again and have another shot at it. Well we shall see...

We decided that we leave the leather collar on my neck throughout the rest of the shoot. I think Chris figured that I'd be well-suited to do fetish images though nothing extreme. The next set I borrowed a pair of pretty lace tights. It was intended to be black but when we opened the packet, it was brown. However, it worked out for the better as it made the image less harsh and actually blended well with my then-tanner complexion from my holidays in Greece! Chris edited the image of me in the middle of getting the tights off my hips which is actually my favourite of today's images (see among the images on the right), as it is simple but sexy, enhances my skin tone and most of all my abs look leaner!

The remainder of the shoot we concentrated on "erotic" nudes using low-key lighting. Though I've done numerous images of this sort, I find it one of my strengths as it brings out muscle definition and curves, thanks to all the working out I do! Before we proceeded, Chris took some headshots as I expressed the need of some decent ones. We nailed a good one of me smiling though wearing that leather collar which looked rather cute (see above picture). Then we turned the lights down and shot quite a number of images of me pretending to "play with myself" and looking immersed in it yet managing to keep them tasteful and not at all vulgar. The results were outstanding. In fact I was quite chuffed to receive an email from Chris this afternoon telling me he selected a number of the pictures from the tights and erotic nude sets for his portfolio and given he sets high standards to images, I too must be doing something right!

We concluded the shoot and had some dinner which Sandy prepared. As I was spending the night there before catching my train to Antwerp early next morning for another shoot before returning to England, we sat up and chatted as well. Getting to know them more, I would definitely like to work with Chris again. Not only was he, along with his wife, hospitable and kind, he's also very serious about his work and knows what he wants from the images by his meticulous use of lighting equipment and direction which he did well. Thank you so much, Chris and Sandy, for your time. I look forward to our next shoot hopefully in late-September!

More of Chris' outstanding work can be found on http://www.cdmfoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment