WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Saturday 3 December 2011

Kinbaku Experience in Tokyo

As they say, when in Rome do as the Romans do. So I took the opportunity whilst in Japan in October to indulge in the ultimate Kinbaku experience. I'm not always certain whether Kinbaku or Shibari would be more appropriate to use, but Wikipedia suggests that Kinbaku literally means "tight binding" and that Kinbaku-bi means "the beauty/art of tight binding", whereas Shibari was a word coined in the West in the 1990s to merely mean "(to) tie". Thus from now on, I should really be referring Japanese rope bondage as "Kinbaku".

I got in touch with the rigger from Fetlife. He is known as Nuitdetokyo, a very well-mannered and intelligent Frenchman who has been living in Japan for decades. We got in touch through Fetlife when I was announcing my arrival to Tokyo to seek social events and make some new friends. Nuitdetokyo practises Kinbaku as a pastime and works closely with well-known Kinbaku-shi (riggers) in Japan.

With the Kinbaku experience of course came the photoshoot. Nuitdetokyo was very kind to arrange one with a young but experienced German photographer called Thomas who was living in Tokyo, and the date was set for Sunday 2 October 2011 at Nuitdetokyo's studio. He picked me up at Akebonobashi subway station. Just as in our correspondence on Fetlife, he was a very pleasant gentleman. He even bought us all some delicious take-away sushi
and Japanese sweets (wa-gashi) we can all have for lunch which was most generous of him.

Arriving at his place, which was a spacious Japanese-style house, I was introduced to his friend who helped me. I was to choose an outfit from the closet, and naturally I chose a yukata. We had some coffee and some food and was ready to roll!

After discussions over lighting and scenery, we found a perfect spot. It was the tokonoma, or an alcove few inches above ground typically found in Japanese rooms to display ornaments and scrolls of caligraphy paintings. Nuitdetokyo proceeded in tying me up with the rope. I was most impressed at his skill at doing it at quick succession with one frame of tying after another, while Thomas captured the images from various angles.

I have to say I noticed a difference how things are done in Japan. For instance, I was surprised to see how in Japan the ropework looks more haphazard and uneven at times whereas in say Europe it tends to be more symetrical, some involving meticulous weaving or coloured ropes! I believe this is because in Japan, focus is made more on the bondage rather than trying to create effect through pretty patterns or the artwork of the tying. In Japan, it's more about the bondage itself and the whole picture which creates the art.

We did about three sets in total. After the tokonoma set, we did a floor series where I'd be sitting down and getting tied up on the floor and then ending up lying down (first picture) with my hands bound from behind and gagged with both knees bent and tied up which is known as futo-momo (thick thighs).

The final one was me eventually getting suspended. It was a bit of a challenge for me as I was being suspended from behind whilst still standing and with one leg further being further bound in futo-momo style. In the past, much of the suspension involved me lying down either on my back or my side which tends to even out the weight and hence be more comfortable. At some point, I might have moved my right arm which caused the rope to get displaced and poke into my radial nerve and cause it to numb.
A few sessions with the local accupunturist and positive attitude helped heal the trapped nerve. In fact,
when I clicked my hand suddenly whilst practicing with a whip for fun, the nerve somewhat "snapped into place" accelerating the healing. It only took a few weeks for the hand to recover completely but this is the risk one takes when doing rope bondage. Nuitdetokyo was very kind and sympathetic when I voiced my concerns and in fact took his time to analyse the injury through the pictures taken. The next time I become involved in Kinbaku, we need to be more observant!

Despite this, I was very pleased with the results of the photoshoot. Thomas captured the images so effectively by shooting from different and the correct angles. He knew exactly what is expected from a Kinbaku session in which he must get the lighting right from the start and be very quick to snap the photos. All the photos he processed came out so beautifully. Many thanks to both of them for this challenging experience!

Although Thomas has returned to Germany, I do look forward to catching up with Nuitdetokyo again when I'm in Tokyo next.

For more photos of this wonderful shoot, please click on to my Flickr page

No comments:

Post a Comment