WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Impromptu Shoot with Steve Jolliffe


I happened to be on Facebook when an announcement requiring a model in my turf at the last minute appeared. Apparently a rather unreliable model who was scheduled to shoot that evening hadn't been in contact so a replacement was being casted. Though it was called by Nigel Jepson, a photographer I worked with before at the Bunker shoot last fall, the photographer for the evening was Steve Jolliffe on Wednesday 31 March 2010. I never heard of this guy until the day, but after seeing his work I considered myself very lucky because his work is ever so awesome as you could see for yourselves...
And for a change of course, it was nice not to have to take my clothes off, let alone even my top! Steve was aiming to do some fashion though with a sensual glamour edge. Having jumped at the opportunity, I had a quick chat over the phone with him as to what to bring. Being a mere 5' tall, I was advised that some lingerie and sexy clubwear, as opposed to elegant dresses, would be best which suited me. I literally had three hours to get ready for this, during which time I had an appointment with a therapist whom I couldn't cancel so it was straight out of the door after it!!!
With the absence of my reliable satnav which got stolen a few days ago, I typically got lost... the drive should've taken 15 minutes but turned out at least TWICE the time. I panicked, I stressed and had it not been for my painstakingly applied make-up, I would've cried...but Steve was ever so patient and relaxed about it as I kept ringing him repeatedly pleading I'm lost. Well, he finally located me at a nearby hotel and so I followed his car... the shoot started an hour later than scheduled thanks to the idiot who knicked my satnav.... grrrr.
Nigel was at the studio to greet me. He part-owns/manages the place. After winding down with some some coffee, we got on with shooting. The first set was with me sitting on a black sofa in gold lame shorts and a gorgeous pink top with gold appliques I bought at a flee market in Nottinghill some years ago. I noticed how meticulous Steve was with the lighting as he and Nigel were discussing ways for the best effect which made me feel safe knowing that the results would be outstanding. Still both of them were very polite and pleasant and made me feel very much at ease. After Steve and I were happy with this set, Nigel took over and had a go with me in the same outfit but using a very white background, quite a contrast to the dark mood we have been creating.
The second set was using the same white background and bright lights with me in a beautiful lilac Agent Provocateur lingerie set (mine!) under a spider knitted wrap. I so had to wear that set which has been sitting in my underwear drawer for ages ready to be worn but I quite hadn't gotten around to it. Then came the piece de resistance. The third and final set was to be back in the dark setting but on a bed. Well, not quite ON it but more like spilling out of it! Seriously. I was to wear my posh red basque and panties I had bought in Tokyo many years ago with a pair of black holdups and heels to go with them. Though I had to lie down on the cold floor with my feet up, I was having so much fun and so looking forward to the result I couldn't care less!!!
I was very pleased with the results when Steve sent them to me. They were all very well thought-out with close attention to lighting, positioning and posing. And very classy yet sensual. Glamour with elegance and style is hard to come by these days but Steve, with the help of Nigel, clearly nailed it. Thank you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment