WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Monday 14 February 2011

First Shoot in Our New Amsterdam Home

Finally, I get around to networking in Amsterdam, my new home! It's also good to reconnect with togs I have worked with out here during my visits before too as I was very satisfied with their work. One of them is Bart Wilmink, with whom you may recall I shot last summer at his place in Appeldoorn blogged as Elegant Glamour shoot. This time, it was his turn to come shoot with me in Amsterdam!

We got in touch again on Model Mayhem late last year but as Bart had an arm injury from RSI he was taking a break. I too, was also taking some time off with the moving. Once settled, we came to an agreement with the date for Friday 4 February 2011. We both had similar tastes when it came to which sort of images we wanted to work on which was a lot of edgy but elegant nudes with some Agent Provocateur style lingerie images thrown in. The only concern, though, was getting the lighting right as it's still winter and rather dark at home even during the day.

At 10:30, Bart arrived at our place armed with lighting equipment and outfits. I started off by wearing my own red basque with suspenders and black stockings as a warm
up and shot near the door and front stairs. A lot of the time we spent on getting the lighting right but I'm patient... I'd rather wait and come up with good images than rush. We did nail a few good photos especially in front of the door rather than by the bottom of the stairs as the lights flowed upwards.

I then changed to another set of lingerie, a more neutral theme with a beige lacey bra and mocha-brown knickers with tan-coloured hold-ups. We did a set by the french windows in the lounge. Again more hits and misses in attempt to capture the natural noontime sunlight. It would've also been ideal to have the french windows wide open to see the garden in the background as the reflection from the glass was quite obvious. But it's wintertime and this is not a fetish shoot! Although Bart was dubious about how the images would turn out, I found a few that I liked. With a little tweaking with Photoshop, I think they could come out quite well!

For the next set, we decided to shoot by the red settee. I changed into a matching set of black & white animal print lingerie with the same tan-coloured holdups. I wasn't sure about sitting deep inside the settee with my feet up as they tended make me look weighed down, but I felt the ones of me sitting on the edge of it standing up worked out quite well. Still wearing the outfit, we went to our bathroom which is decorated with an exotic Middle Eastern flair. After a few shots, I stripped off nude and this is when the pics really started looking good! Initially I wanted some lingerie shots in the area but Bart felt it could improve by being simply nude! And he was right. It must be the combination of white walls, back lighting and the blue tile which enhance the simplicity. Wearing outfits just makes it the image too cluttered as I discovered later.

I then dressed into a black Agent Provocateur lingerie set and did a few sets on the bed with white sheets. We used the red settee again but I laid down across it whilst Bart climbed a ladder in front and shot from above. I must say that the effect was amazing! Again I stripped naked and remained lying down. The contrast between the crimson red settee and my complexion, along with me wearing a big silver pendant, really created some beautiful work.

The final set was going back to the stairs in the front area of the apartment. This time I was to be all nude. At first I was a little doubtful how the picture would turn out with me posing in a pale beige flight of stairs as there is no contrast. However, having the white walls and banister on the side helped. Also it was about blending in rather than contrasting, unlike the previous set with the red settee.

The day went rather well I must say. We managed to overcome a lot of the issues about the lighting but now that Bart has been here, we know what to do the next time. I suggested that the next time he comes over, it be summertime where we could shoot outdoors in the garden and also, the light will improve and the days are longer. Plus hopefully I will have topped up my tan by then and not look quite so pasty as I do in the wintertime! So after receiving his edited 6 images, I chose around 15 additional images that I really liked and believed have potential to be beautiful pictures with a bit of tweaking.

Thank you Bart for taking your time to visit and helping to create more beautiful images together. I look forward to the edited images and can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment