WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Wednesday 8 December 2010

When Tokyo Roze meets Roze Thorn with KK Perales

Oh dear... the Amsterdam move has put me back a few weeks. I'm even starting to forget which shoots I have done which is not good! But I suppose some things have to take priority. And whilst I'm out here I'm still waiting for edited images from "certain" togs mainly from three major ones I had done last month....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

On a more positive, I had one of the funnest shoot the other day. Well say precisely on 12 November 2010. I happened to spot a very interesting pic on Facebook and traced that to be shot by a Spanish tog based in London called KK Perales. I really liked his "crazy" and original ideas which are all well captured. Then there is also Roze Thorn... a fellow model from County Durham whom I met at a group shoot last year. Such a sweet, bubbly and gregarious gal with the cutest Geordie accent ever. We've been chums since and talked about doing a shoot together. Only problem was finding a suitable tog!

KK has previously shot with Roze and in fact get along so well I thought he would be a perfect choice. Another plus is that a week or so before our shoot he had been in Tokyo with a bunch of photographers and was so fascinated by the culture and "Tokyo Fashion" scene so we had lots to catch up on. Originally, KK and I were going to shoot one-to-one but with Roze in mind, I suggested to KK she also join which he was very keen about. It was going to be one fun shoot!

KK picked me up from Swanley station which is near London and drove me to his garage-studio. What an easy-going guys he is, full of energy and vitality. In fact I only met him for the first time but I felt I have known him for years! When we arrived at the studio, Roze was already there getting ready and we just gave each other BIG HUGS. As we prepared for the shoots we were chatting and having so much fun like two teenagers getting ready for a night out

Roze had the ingenious idea of being the strict headmistress with me playing part of the naughty schoolgirl. Recently, I've been doing quite a lot of shoots of me in a Japanese school girl uniform and in fact it has practically become a trademark so thought it would be an idea to use it in this shoot. KK, being back recently from Tokyo, relished on the idea. He put an old schooltable in the middle of the set and later on even added a few props like a skeleton and bottles of dead reptiles (!) like it were a Science lab. Roze and I happily worked on various poses and had lots of fun experimenting. And you know, she may look scary but she's actually very gentle and sweet!

For the next set we just spontaneously decided to do a modern Tokyo gal meets Victorian-style English lady. So Roze got on her black corset with black lacey dress along with a cute white hat. And there I was in a skimpy white PVC top with pink frills with matching white PVC hotpants along with a shocking pink hairpiece Roze had kindly lent me. We looked so cute together. And I really loved the image in which we're holding hands and looking so happy. And we were!

Final set, another "mismatch" theme! This time I was clad in a red pvc one-piece dress I had bought at the Fetish Fair in Brussels and teamed that with a pair of matching red fishnet tights and borrowed a pair of cool chunky red & black shoes from Roze. She, on the other hand, decided to dress up as a nurse and donned on a voluminous wig. We decided to play dentist and victim where she is supposed to be torturing me with dental instruments which by the way she even brought along! Where she managed to find to them is quite a story too...

We called it a day as it was getting late in the day and we were getting hungry. After packing up, we proceeded to KK's place where I was introduced to his wife who is a make-up artist. In fact she teaches theatrical make-up at a local college! The next time I shoot with KK, I would definitely like to use her as our MUA as I myself would love to do something different.

This was actually the first time I've done an alternative fashion shoot which made it even more interesting for me. It certainly adds creativity and flavour and plus it's so much fun! I would love to do more shoots like this. KK has in fact invited me to do some shoots with him for his stock photography in addition to doing some more "crazy stuff". He is not only a photographer but also an artist which is clearly reflected in his work. Working with a model like Roze Thorn who has plenty of experience in the alt scene opened up my eyes as well. Thank you both of you. I am looking forward to working with both again!

No comments:

Post a Comment