WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Monday 11 October 2010

Kinky Outdoors Fashion Shoot with Tim Rosier

Ok... so what's my new excuse for this tardiness? The internet at our Amsterdam pad was down for 5 days! So therefore I was unable to do much but catch up with emails via wifi at the local cafe. Still maybe that's no excuse to keep my friends all waiting for my latest!

September has been a busy month though nothing I can't handle (!). Travelling to and around Amsterdam and back, visiting Mum in London and trying to fit in shoots whenever possible. One of them was with Tim Rosier from Northampton with whom I have previously worked doing fetish/erotic images in a derelict army barrack. This time though, we thought we'd focus on something more modest like actually wearing clothes! We decided to work together again on 18 September 2010 as we were firstly pleased with how our first shoot together went but also because I was participating in the Sin City group shoot (to be blogged soon) in his area with his wife, Karenza. They offered to put me up that evening so we could do a shoot the next day.

Rising quite early we set off around 10-ish to catch the morning sun. The day was rather warm as Tim drove us to a nearby woods with a lake which was relatively deserted as it was a weekday. I quickly slipped onto Outfit I, a PVC bra with leather shorts I was going to use for the Sin City group shoot the day before. Along those were a pair of black PVC gloves, fishnet tights and black/silver ankle boots as well as pasties as the bra had open holes to satisfy FB-friendliness! Oh and we mustn't forget that spiky collar I bought in Amsterdam. The contrast between the harsh outfit and the serenity of the woods created some interesting images.

Outfit II was that sexy red lace dress I got in Unzipped in Amsterdam a week before. It's a short body-con tube dress opened in the middle to expose the abs, ultimately hot! Again, the dress really blended well with the background. We love how the red contrasts well with the greenery behind. And then we broke up for lunch at Tim's place where Karenza kindly left me a bowl of pasta salad to satisfy my need for lots of energy.

After lunch and coffee, Tim drove us to another venue. Another
woodland! The evening before, I was watching a music channel on TV with Karenza and Tim. It featured Madonna's early hits, one of them being "Like a Virgin".... man was she so young then! But then weren't we all. Her white lace dress with plenty of jewelry accessorised around the wrists and neck including a crucifix pendant inspired me as I happened to have a lacy mini dress I had purchased in France more than 10 years ago! I took the liberty to borrow the pearls and accessories from Karenza, so thanks to her for leaving it in the hallway from yesterday's shoot. Minus the big hair Madonna had, I think I did a pretty good job emulating. So it was leaning against the tree looking pure and virginal as possible... The results came out quite well, especially with the white against the tree....

Final set, Outfit IV, was a simple blue tube dress from American Apparel. Earlier on when
we were hiking to find a suitable spot, Tim had spotted an abandoned fridge strewn smack in the middle of the woods. Bless the owner who was too cheap to pay for disposal costs and instead had it carried and dumped! Along with the dress I wore a pair of black fishnet tights and my favourite spiky stilettos, posing next to and on top of this fridge in the middle of the woods. It sure made a very interesting concept! We also did a few shots of me on a hill struggling to climb up in my stilettos. However, as the light was diminishing as the day drew, we didn't manage to nail any decent images. But at least the fridge scene worked well!

With the day becoming dull, we decided to call it a day. Once again, Tim displayed his talent as photographer to perfection as he meticulously handled the lighting. Even when one of the flash guns didn't work at the end of the first set, rather than panic he calmly headed for the reflectors. He sent me the edited images within a few weeks, and I was very pleased with the results. Thank you, Tim! I hope to work with you
in the near future soon!

For more images of this shoot, log onto http://www.flickr.com/photos/minimiu/sets/72157625142579258/

No comments:

Post a Comment