WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Thursday 9 September 2010

Kinky Latex Shoot with Les Hardwick


Oh no, not again... getting slack again with my blog! I've got such a backlog, it' not even funny. Still it keeps everyone in suspense as to what more naughty stuff I've been up to! Well remember last winter when i went on a West Midlands tour around Birmingham? Well this summer, It thought I'd check out EAST Midlands! A mini one actually, two shoots... one in Nottingham town centre and another one near Derby... So on 31 July 2010, I shot with Les Harwick...
I discovered Les on Model Mayhem or more likely it was he who discovered me as he had left a few comments on my pics on the site. When I checked out his work I was well impressed! Edgy and classy yet sexy and chic, I loved his style. Plus he dresses his gorgeous models with lot of latex which of course I was dying to do. I had another shoot already booked the first weekend in August in the Nottingham area asked so if he were available. And yay, he was!

Les picked me up from Nottingham station and drove me to his studio which occupied part of the British Legion building. What an awesome fella he is and very wordly as well as he spoke of all the travels he does around the globe. He's even been to Japan and as I write, he's trecking out in Vietnam and Cambodia, the lucky man! Les was also formerly a glamour photographer but gave it up as he was getting a tad fed up with the "same stuff" and moved onto the alternative scene where there is plenty of room to explore and be creative. I sympathised with that which is why I am diversifying from glamour work as well although age is another reason I'm also moving on...

Les provided all the outfits, but all I had to do was to provide the footwear as I warned him that I intended to travel light. For the first set, he gave me a gorgeous nylon body stocking over which I were to wear a latex underbust basque. This was finished off with a pair of my thigh high boots and an airforce cap. The set in the studio was well thought out with a
vintage trunk surrounded by heaps of old newspaper apparently found in the building... dated in the 1940s!! Now that's what I call retro. So there I was looking fierce and oh so dominatrix, with a touch of burlesque thrown in. Towards the end, I was asked to rip the body stocking I was wearing in shreds. I really liked those body stockings and nearly protested but then it made me feel good to release all the repressed anger and grief I tend to bottle up...

For the next set, we thought we'd fit in a headshot image. I have been looking to get some gorgeous ones done as much of the them I have tend to be cropped from images and hence fail to provide good quality resolution. Whilst Les was going to provide me with a makeup artist, she unfortunately fell ill at the last minute which was a pity as I was looking to have my eyes elaborately done which I'd find difficult to do myself. Though I'm a makeup artist myself and happy to do my own, I would be curious to see a different face from another hand too. Oh well next time! Les had an ingenious way of providing a light box with ringflash effect which he made himself using a wooden board with a ring of lightbulbs. The idea was for the ring area to surround the pupils of my eyes so as to brighten up the eyes and provide a smooth and flattering finish on the complexion. I was provided with a beautiful black and crimson feather band to put around my neck.... and wow, the result of it! And amazing how a headshot always looks better at an angle rather than facing square onto the camera....

For the final set, I was given an awesome latex set of black "holdups", gloves and matching bra & panty set and wore a pair of my usual kinky steel heel stilletos. Oh and it also came with a cute black/white bowtie choker! I felt ever so sexy wearing it all... making me feel so mean again! I now understand why latex is such a hot item as it's not only because of the second-skin feel but it really does make a woman feel powerful. And boy did I feel it! We did a number of shots of me leaning against the grey concrete wall which really enhanced the shine and gloss of the outfit. And he result again? Wow!!!

The shoot was concluded with Les kindly taking me out for a pub lunch locally where I had my healthy fare of British-style vegetarian curry on rice! He gave me leads meanwhile on how to get more work in the alternative scene and encouragingly reassured me I had great potential for it. It was suggested that I join an agency called Dark Arts but when I looked at the site, hmmm... they are waaay beyond my league! While Les' images will definitely give me a promising start when applying, I really need to add more and work with togs who are as good as him. If I continue at this pace, well, fingers crossed!

I will definitely be working with Les again and hope to schedule a trip to Nottingham again soon. Les was nothing but friendly, considerate and funny while taking his work seriously and knows exactly how to make a model look good. I'm very happy with the images too and look forward to getting more...Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment