WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Friday 4 January 2013

Miu Illustrated

Ship Ahoy!!


HAPPY NEW YEARS!  Mine was spent in Sweden where I was able to experience my first ever White Christmas.  It was beautiful.  That said I have been again so busy the last few weeks with personal and family affairs in Tokyo that I have had little time for shoots and been so slack in keeping up with my modelling blogs.  So my New Years’ resolution?  To advertise more, get more gigs and keep my blogs updated!

To backtrack...I want to share a rather unusual image we produced in Amsterdam on 27 September 2012.  I was approached on Model Mayhem by a photographer-graphic artist in Amsterdam who prefers to be known as Rumblefish. By day, he is a graphic designer working in advertising.  He expressed his liking to my nude bondage shoots and had the idea to incorporate some rope bondage into illustrated backgrounds most of which were dark and eerie but very appealing. For instance, we liked the chimney on top of a ship as well as the old prison cell. 

We decided to shoot at his studio, which for change, was conveniently local with just a short tram ride from which I was picked up.  Rumblefish was very pleasant, down-to-earth and immediately made me feel at ease.  Over coffee, he showed me other samples of the backgrounds he wanted to use, and we came up with a few ideas about how I would pose and be tied up.    Starting by a white wall, I was tied up loosely with rope being gagged and blind folded in various positions, including squatting against the wall or leaning forward with the rope being tied to a nail on the wall.  The latter was used on the illustration of me being tied to the chimney of a huge ship (see above pic).  I was also tied to a table as well to give the effect I am being tied on the ground in the illustrations.

It took only a few days for Rumblefish to e-mail me the results.  They were awesome! The great thing about this shoot was that though the model is the subject, it is not about beauty but about producing an impressive illustration that tells a story.  I wanted to share a few images here.  We were going to shoot before I left for Japan in November but things were so busy before my departure that I had to cancel.  When I am back in Holland in February, I so look forward to working with him again and creating more.  Let’s see what’s in store for us.  Can’t wait!

For more on Rumblefish's work, have a look at his Model Mayhem page!

Confession Time

No comments:

Post a Comment