WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Sunday 2 September 2012

Stockholm Tour Trilogy - Outdoors Nude

BEAUTIFUL LAKE!  Love the reflection...
So you may be asking, why Sweden of all places?  Well, I thought this would be a great chance for me to capture some awesome shots with one of Tokyo’s top photographers, Dmitri Reyer, who happened to be on home leave to visit his folks in Stockholm and photograph for the annual pole-dance competition, Pole Art.  I had the honour of working with him in Tokyo last June, where he currently resides, but although some of the images turned out well, we wanted to develop our creative ideas further and come up with even better ones!  Besides, Stockholm is only a two-hour plane ride from Amsterdam so I thought, why not? We spent nearly two weeks between 19 August to 1 September 2012 in the edge of Stockholm chilling and hanging out with his family and friends, whilst scattering photoshoots here and there. 


We shot quite a lot during the fortnight.  However as they are too numerous to write about in one go, I will be focussing on outdoors nudes now.   One of the good things about working with a series of serious and talented photographers like Dmitri is that one discovers a few things.  After years of modelling and wondering why I have been in a rut or lacking direction, I realize the time has come to transforming my style from that cheesy shallow "hello boys" glamour to the more elegant and classy  “coffee table book” artwork.  I myself have done quite a lot of outdoors nudes over the years, but a lot of it tended to focus more on me being naked in a public place for the sake of it with little regard for composition and light.  And where else would be an ideal location than Sweden which boasts one of the most scenic landscapes such as lakes and forests!

By the Rocks
Thus, one morning we got up about 5am to shoot by a lake.  I was told that the natural light would be ideal for the kind of mood we are trying to create and that there would be little breeze or ideally none to enhance the reflection from the water.  It was to be a one-hour bus ride to where Dmitri wanted to shoot but whilst waiting, the bus never turned up!  With both of us being so determined to make things happen, he came up with a contingency plan and suggested another lake within a 15-minutes walking distance.  When we arrived there by foot armed with cameras, I was amazed by the serenity of the area despite being just outside Stockholm. 

We firstly shot by the cliffs.  The morning was quite cool and crispy but did I mind taking my kit off?  Never!  In fact, I had so much fun and struggled very little with treading through the rocks although at times they were slippery.  I was to look as if I was climbing the rock.  It was also hard avoiding smiling which I tend to do in nude shoots as the atmosphere we were trying to create was about subtlety.    Although there was some graffiti on the rocks, it was not so obvious.  The ground was also littered with rubbish, and Dmitri remarked that there was little space to manoeuvre when shooting without falling over the cliffs.  Despite these limitations, though, we managed to capture a couple of beautiful images from the natural light and interesting texture of the rocks. 

Then we proceeded to the lake, more precisely on the tiny dock.  The scenery was just so still, quiet and picturesque, the water being clear and greenery so green.  Accustomed to being photographed nude in the cold and being the exhibitionist I am, I had no hesitation stripping off and running off excitedly to the end of the dock like a child to pose.  In fact, nothing felt so good as to feel the fresh but slight breeze on my naked body.  Dmitri shot me from behind, as I was standing tall at the edge of the dock looking as though I were saluting to the vastly amazing scenery in front of me.   After a while, though, a man on his kayak pulled up!   Of course, neither of us were a least bit bothered, and all he did was look away, whilst I didn’t even bother covering myself… yep, that’s Sweden for you!  Just like Holland, people don’t make a big deal about nudity even in public.

Last set we did was just behind a small wooden shed right by the water.  I was much tempted to jump in the water to get some cool shots but decided against it after dipping my toes in.  We nevertheless managed to capture some images with me standing by the water with the greenery in the background.  Dmitri tried to capture a few shots of me lying down on the boardwalk but apparently they didn’t work out as what he was looking for.  By then, too, the breeze was getting stronger and hence I was feeling the cold.  So we called it a morning!

We were hoping to shoot another day at the location we had originally planned on going.  Unfortunately it didn’t happen for one reason or another, namely due to bad weather.  Gutted.  It always happened to rain on the days we had nothing planned which is so typical!  We nevertheless got to shoot at other occasions and for different themes besides outdoors nudes, which provided both of us with a diversity of images.  Most important is that we are both happy with the stuff we had already done by the lake, so what more can we ask for!  Besides, we anticipate on doing more outdoors nudes when am in Japan which will be quite exciting as Dmitri knows a few hidden areas.   Now I look forward to that!

Wanna see more of Dmitri’s awesome work?  Check out his Facebook Page!

Next instalment:  Fetish and erotica shoot at home!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment