WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Wednesday 18 May 2011

A Room with a View with Teemu


It's so exciting to meet and work with various photographers from all over the world. Though I have yet to have the honour to shoot with a Japanese photographer, I have already worked with those from at least 10 different countries in Europe and the Americas living out here. Now added to my list is Teemu R. from Finland who was visiting Amsterdam on business but thought he'd spend his evenings by shooting.

Teemu contacted me out of the blue on MM announcing his visit and interest to work with me. When I perused his work I was well impressed! He manages to capture mesmerising
images by making themsomewhat abstract and certainly artisitic through clever angles, lens type and immaculate lighting. His interest to experiment and create clearly reflects in his work. Of course I wasn't going to pass this opportunity! I was curious as to what sort of images we'd come up with. After exchanging e-mails, we decided to shoot on the evening of 15 March 2o11.

I met Teemu at his hotel in the West part of Amsterdam. Just as I expected, he was very friendly and polite, immediately making me feel at ease. We had already discussed what sort of images we were aiming at so I was able to travel minimally and there was no faffing about. Some black lingerie and simple outfits and a pair each of very high stilettos and knee boots as
well as gloves and collars were all that was needed. The hotel room was very modern and simple which provided a perfect background for edgy images.

We started out first set on the bed. I had a black top and a lingerie "skirt"
which I gradually stripped off. Then the lights were dimmed and we proceeded with shooting some bodyscapes. It's been ages since I done bodyscapes! We were going to do some sets in which I would be standing in front of the big windows but unfortunately the light wasn't right. That said, we captured with a wide-angle lens a really cool image where I'm sitting with legs sprawled apart holding a vintage Ikoflex camera in front of me!

The theme for the next set was fetish. It was so fun having to play role of both domme and sub by wearing nothing but just one item plus shoes. I donned a pair of gloves and a super-high platform knee boots for the domme role, looking mean. Then switched to a sub role by wearing a simple pvc mini skirt and heels, kneeling down with hands tied to the back looking distressed.

We also took advantage of the spacious beautifully-decorated bathroom as a setting. It had black tiles with modern and angular facilities which
provided a perfect backdrop for edgy images. Wearing my boots, I went in nude in the huge empty bathtub sticking my legs out to enhance the monstrosity of the boots. And of course we managed not to miss the crucial "toilet" shot!

The final set was the "shower scene". And what fun that was! I've done shower shots before so it wasn't a big deal but this time, I decided not to get my hair and face wet as I had done in previous ones such as with Thunder UK or for Suite 301. The point was to create sensuality by focussing on facial expressions. Also, I wasn't in the mood to go home in the cold in wet hair
and smudged make-up! The results were intriguing... I loved how Teemu captured the water spraying on me. I think those were my favorite images as they were unusual. You will find more images on the row of images on the right hand side.

I thoroughly enjoyed my shoot with Teemu. He knows exactly what he wants out of the images and sees to it that it's achieved with perfection through meticulous lighting, choice of lens and directing me. He was also very easy to get along with and was interesting to talk to as we exchanged stuff about our own countries. He was very pleased to hear I've been to Helsinki, and I was impressed that he could say "My name is Teemu" in Japanese!

Thank you so much, Teemu, for such a fruitful shoot. Though it took a few months to get the edited pics as he has been busy with work, it was certainly worth waiting for! He plans on visiting Amsterdam again in June, and he has expressed interest to work with me again which am honoured to accept. Fingers crossed, it won't coincide with my travels. Hope to shoot with you soon again!

For more beautiful pictures from this shoot, please check out my Flickr page!

No comments:

Post a Comment