WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hi everyone, it's me MIU!

Half-Japanese and half-Thai, I'm a free-lance semi-professional MODEL and ARTISTE based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I have lived in the UK for 12 years previous to that, where my modelling career was born in 2008.

Apart from working all over the UK and Holland, assignments have taken me to Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden, Ireland and, of course, my hometown Japan!

I started as a life model posing nude for artists in the late 90s and eventually put myself in front of the cameras as a glamour model and became involved in car shows and hostessing parties and events in the UK. Easily bored with the same old routine I like to vary my work. Today, much of my work lie with nude, fetish, alternative, and erotic art.

For more information, you can also find me on: http://www.minimiumodel.com/

I love to document all my shoots and events to reflect what a great time I'm having and meeting all sorts of people. Some entries may be delayed since the shoot due to waiting for edited images or just being "busy". But I do my best!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING!!

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Paying My Respects to the Victims of the Japan Disaster

The day after my last blog, the earthquake struck Sendai, a city in the northeast of Japan. The hugest in history, measuring 9.0 on the Richter Scale. Then there were aftershocks even hitting Tokyo as far as hundreds of kilometers away from the epicenter. This was followed by a colossal tsunami that wiped out whole villages and towns, killing tens of thousands and leaving at least half-million homeless. These people lost EVERYTHING. But the only thing that's left of them is their dignity and the spirit to fight, and I see it in them.

But that's not the end of it. Now Japan is faced with the uncertainty of the radiation resulting from explosions of nuclear plants in Fukushima caused by the disaster. Radiation is an invisible enemy...

For this reason, I have not been contributing to my blog for which I apologise. I did not feel it appropriate to post up blogs in respect of my people. It has been a rather depressing few weeks and my mind was not in it. Though still numb with shock I'm gradually getting out of it. I've since cancelled my trip to Japan which I had booked months ago. I was due to fly this Saturday.

My friends and family live in Tokyo or Osaka which was not as severely affected as the North. Still they have to live with the fear of aftershocks and possible increase in radiation as well as the inconvenience of dealing with food shortages, unexpected power cuts, chaotic transportation and scarcity of fuel. According to my folks back home though things are picking up. I keep up with the latest through Twitter and Facebook as the current news headlines are being annoyingly obstructed by the Libyan Crisis on CNN and BBC. Though a non-believer in charity, I now find myself making donations, including the Japan Tsunami Appeal from the British Red Cross. If only it were that easy to airlift some food and clothing out there.

If any nation can quickly recover from such a disaster, it's going to be Japan. Heck, we experienced the horrors of WWII and two atomic bombs and yet in 20 years managed to rebuild and even become one of the world's top economic superpowers. We're tough cookies. Even among the youngsters whom our parents always grumbled about being complacent and spoilt, I see their spirit and determination. I know we'll pull through.

During this past week, I've done two shoots in the UK, and once ready will be posting my blog in no time...

No comments:

Post a Comment